10 THINGS TO DO IN JANUARY
1. Learn more about mentoring and become a mentor
in your community.
2. Make a donation
to a mentoring organization in your community.
3. Join "I Am a Mentor" Day on January 9 and share your experience on social media using #SomeoneWhoMatters. Please share it with us on our Facebook page
4. Share stories about mentoring in your community on our Facebook
and social media using #MentoringWorks!
5. Thank your mentor on January 16, during “Thank Your Mentor Day!” Think about the mentors in your life, send them a thank you card and tell them thank you on social media using #SomeoneWhoMatters.
6. Read the latest research and find resources on mentoring.
7. Serve your community on MLK Day of Service, January 20, 2014, by looking for a mentoring opportunity in your area.
8. Partner with a mentoring organization to expand quality mentoring opportunities for young people in your community.
9. Download and use all of the National Mentoring Month
marketing and video materials to raise awareness and recruit volunteers.
10. Explore ways to help children succeed academically through mentoring.